94Z Contest Rules
94Z often conducts listener-involved contests and promotions. This is a listing of the Contest Rules. Any person who participates in any contests or promotions agrees to follow these Rules, and other Rules that may be enacted for particular contests and promotions from time to time. The Rules below, and such other Rules that may apply, will be posted at the 94Z Studios, 8081 Kingston Pike, Suite 100, Knoxville, TN, 37919, and posted on the station Web site, www.943wnfz.com.
- Prize(s) Not Transferable. The prize(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash, or exchangeable for any other prize. Each prize will be awarded only to the eligible winner(s). All prizes must be redeemed from 94Z within thirty (30) days of the winning of the prize(s) unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules. In the event a prize is date specific, such as a concert, trip, or other event, the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, 94Z, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award the prize(s) for that contest.
- Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents. The age limit will vary from contest to contest as determined by 94Z. The age requirement of a particular contest can be found in the Official Rules of that contest. If the contest is open to minors, a parent or guardian of any minor participant must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize. In the event any prize is not considered by 94Z to be appropriate for a minor, 94Z reserves the right to refuse to award such prize(s). Unless otherwise stated in the Official Contest Rules, the following limits on participation per contest will apply:
One (1) entry per person; One (1) prize from 94Z per household: One (1) prize from 94Z per household within any thirty (30) day period for prizes valued under $100. One (1) prize from 94Z per household within any one hundred eighty (180) day period for prizes over $100. If the contest involves listener participation by voting for a contest participant on the 94Z Website, the voting is limited to one (1) vote per person. If a contestant receives multiple and/or irregular votes from the same user or users, regardless of the source, 94Z, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify the contestant. Employees of 94Z, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
- Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer. If a contest is a call-in to win contest and/or a telephone is needed to participate in the Contest, participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct Area Code and telephone number if prompted, or disable the features inhibiting their participation in the Contest. 94Z disclaims all liability a for a participant’s inability to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the control of 94Z, or otherwise. 94Z disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method for all contests, and 94Z is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any Website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Each entry form in a register-to-win contest must be original and handwritten. No photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entry forms are permitted.
- Voting Contests. By participating in the voting portion of any contest, each participant agrees to be bound by the Official Contest Rules. Voting is limited to one vote per verified e-mail address per contest. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user(s) , including but not limited to votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, 94Z, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify the entrant. If the contest includes the use of an internet tool and the internet voting process fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair practices, the Company reserves the right to use another means to determine the winner(s), i.e. random selection or appointing a judge or panel of judges. All decisions of the judges are final.
- Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, live and recorded voices, videotape, and likenesses in connection with promotion of 94Z, its Sponsors and Contests, and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that 94Z may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
- Contestant Created Content. If the contest entry includes any creative material from the participant, including but not limited to content created by or for the participant, that entry is submitted with the understanding and agreement that ; (1) Participant agrees that the disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place 94Z or contest sponsors under any fiduciary or other obligation, that 94Z is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to participant; (2) By acceptance of the submission, 94Z and contest sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to 94Z or any sponsor, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (3) Participant is verifying that he/she is the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights exist to any material submitted, and (4) Participant is hereby granting to 94Z a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, sell, license, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose.
- Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against 94Z, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by 94Z.
- Taxes. The valuation of the prize(s) awarded is based on information provided to 94Z, and the value of any prize may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which is not specifically provided for in the Official Rules. Each winner must provide 94Z with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of 94Z. Persons who violate or attempt to violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in any Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. 94Z will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and 94Z’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of 94Z, 94Z reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as it deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by 94Z and are final. 94Z, in its sole discretion, may waive any of these rules. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, 94Z reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Miscellaneous. Any 94Z contest or promotion is void where prohibited. The odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign a release form to claim the prize. 94Z may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue any Contest at any time by announcing such action over the air. 94Z disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of any Contest. A copy of the Official Contest Rules, or, where required by law, a list of winners, is normally available at the www.943wnfz.com Website. All entries become the property of 94Z and none will be returned.
- Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America and the Rules and Regulations of the Federal Communications Commission, and state law.